Not only does being fit lead to a longer and healthier life, but it also drastically improves your current lifestyle. The time spent building a healthy body will be
greatly rewarded with a higher productivity and sense of well being.
Having a healthy diet and exercising will allow your body to be in a state of higher relaxation when performing less demanding tasks and time spent resting will feel that much more rewarding. It might be hard to believe at first, but the time spent making you healthier will provide you with more time to enjoy your friends and hobbies. Your body will be less burdened, you will need less rest and be more productive whether your work is physically demanding or not. A healthy body leads to a healthy mind after all.
Some of the short-term benefits of being fit are:
- Healthy muscles (including our so vital heart), bones and joint
- Higher calorie burn
- Easier and more rewarding sleep
- Decrease of stress, depression and anxiety
- More energy and increased mental acuity
Some of the long term effects are:
- Longer and better lifespan
- Resilience towards developing coronary artery disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, colon and breast cancer, strokes and many other ailments
- Faster recovery from disease and injury